March 31, 2024

2023/2024 Season in Review

It was another busy season for Player Ambassadors and teams all across Canada in support of Canadian Blood Services. Many teams hosted game nights and Player Ambassadors took to the community to give blood and join the stem cell registry.

The game nights gave an opportunity to acknowledge recipients and milestone donors by way of a ceremonial face-off in front of thousands of fans. Their stories of adversity and connection to Canada’s Lifeline continue to be a necessary tool to inspire others to become donors. In Canada someone will need blood or blood products every sixty seconds to save or improve their life.

At the same time Player Ambassadors were busy in the community donating blood or joining Canadian Blood Services stem cell registry. These efforts expanded all across Canada and are essential to inspiring the next generation of donors and helping save lives.

Only 25% of patients needing a stem cell transplant will find a matching donor within their family - the other 75% will rely on a strange to save their life.

Today more than ever the leadership and actions from teams and Player Ambassadors acting in support of Canadian Blood Services and the patients they serve are at an all-time high.

cart